Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Weekend Brunch

There is something about brunch on the weekends that makes me so happy! I love breakfast foods...love cooking them and also love ordering them at restaurants. It seems like breakfast during the week is so fast-paced...I typically chug my green monster just before heading out the door to work. Weekend brunch, however makes me appreciate all the extra time I have to enjoy it on the weekends.

When cooking at home during weekends, I will usually make a egg/toast/fruit combo such as an omelet, scramble or over-easy. Once in a while there will be french toast or blueberry pancakes involved! My favorite places for brunch in Seattle are Cafe Flora and Dahlia Lounge.


On a recent visit to Dahlia Lounge, I encountered what I must call my all-time favorite breakfast! It started with a mimosa...

For breakfast, I ordered the mushroom and goat cheese omelet and subbed the biscuit and potatoes for their pecan flax toast and a huge cup of fresh fruit...bliss!


This is likely the best omelet I have ever eaten and I loved all the fresh fruit. The toast was served with homemade rhubarb jam that was perfect. I can't wait to go back here...I will be ordering the exact same thing! I had a very happy tummy:)


What is your favorite brunch or weekend breakfast ritual?

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I love mimosas too! I think my favorite brunch ritual is ordering potato pancakes. OMG - so delish. We always hit up this same restaurant after I run a race. it's tradition - and it makes me want to find another race to run in for a good excuse to go to this place! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love potato pancakes! My whole family is Polish so we would enjoy them on speacial occasions!

    ReplyDelete