Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yoga Buzz

I woke up bright and early again this morning for 6:30 yoga class. It was already close to 70 degrees at 6 am...crazy! I set the coffee maker for 5 am for a little extra motivation and finally rolled out of bed around 5:50. I had a half cup of coffee and one of those chocolate/walnut/date balls I made the other day for some fuel. Usually when I go to the morning classes it takes me awhile to really get into it, however, today I was ready to go before I even got there. I felt so amazing afterward, like a huge endorphin buzz. The class was awesome as the instructor took us through so many creative flows (I'm hoping I can remember these for my home practice!) Days like today make me want to stick to a healthy lifestyle!

I've decided coffee is my magic early morning workout drug!!! I can't believe I never tried drinking a little coffee pre-morning workouts before. Now that I have come out of the dark on this one, I will be sticking to about half of a cup each morning that I have a planned early workout (which includes most days now!)

One of the girls in my class told me about this Yoga for Hope event happening at the Seattle Center this Saturday. They are having a big outdoor class from 10-12:30 and all registration fees go toward cancer research. The slogan is to practice 108 sun salutations under the sun...should be challenging and inspiring:) I will try and take pictures between poses!

Tonight I plan to get back into running, either with a short outdoor run or some speed intervals on the treadmill. It's supposed to be 90 degrees today, so not sure if I want to bear the heat.

Does anyone have tips for running in the heat?

3 comments:

  1. I have started running on my treadmill in the basement. I hate treadmill running, but I too struggle with the heat, I decided to just suck it up and truthfully it hasn't been so bad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, good luck on the hot run. You are a brave brave girl if you did it. I would melt! Your yoga class sounds like a great idea and a great cause. I hope it's awesome for you. Also I missed your bloggy face, glad to see you back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...too hot, but I did make it to the treadmill!!!

    ReplyDelete