3-4 leeks - chopped
6-7 Yukon Gold potatoes - chopped
2 T EVOO
4 cups stock
1 T heavy cream (can sub w/ coconut milk)
salt & pepper
1. Saute the onion and chopped leaks in EVOO, stirring frequently for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Add chopped potatoes and saute another 5-7 minutes.
3. Add stock and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 25-30 minutes
4. Blend batches of soup in blender and put back on heat (I used a separate pot since it was about 3 blenders full!)
5. Add cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with crusty hunks of yummy bread!
This soup was delicious and even better warmed up the next day. This recipe made about 7 big servings.
What's your favorite homemade soup? Do you like to dunk hunks of bread in your soup?