Thursday, March 18, 2010

Rack of Lamb Feast

During weekends we like to cook a more time-consuming meal with fresh meat from either Whole Foods or Pike's Place Market. One last weekend's menu was rack of lamb. We haven't cooked this in a long time and I don't have a recipe to give because the bf knows the recipe by heart and cooked the whole meal himself (I opened the bottle of wine!) We went shopping at Whole Foods and picked up all the ingredients we needed.The lamb was seasoned with salt and pepper and coated in dijon mustard, then bread crumbs and wrapped in aluminum foil before baking.
We steamed asparagus and boiled/mashed some gold potatoes to serve alongside the lamb.The sauce was made from stock, port, raspberry and mint sauce.
The rack came out of the oven perfect...I took 3 bones, he took 5:)
We garnished the plate with fresh raspberries and a glob of mint jelly. I wasn't a fan of the mint jelly because it overpowered the taste of the lamb. This meal was fantastic...so delicious!
We drank a bottle of Cuvee Rutherford from my favorite winery in Napa - Rubicon Estate.

Have you made any good weekend dinner's lately?

6 comments:

  1. YUM! This looks great. I have never prepared a rack of lamb, I'm impressed! Those asparagus are so big and fresh. I usually make pizza from scratch, or burgers over the weekend. I'm boring, but I spice them up so they aren't too boring! We usually enjoy a nice wine or beer with our dinners on the weekend too, so it's a bit more special. Of course, we do that during the week too...haha

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the pictures you have been taking of the food. It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I am so impressed by all your awesome meals. I have not been brave enough to break out the chicken and beef catergory. But way to go - sounds delish. And I must say that we made the orange glaze chicken and lemon risotto and the bf was freaking out at how good it was. It was so good we felt like we were at a fine dining restaurant. Thanks for sharing all your fun recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you loved that chicken/risotto recipe as much as we did. It is on the top of the list for the next time we want to impress someone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had Rack of Lamb - it looks beautiful - AAA+ for presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I am going to try this. I really like Lamb, but I have never made it at home! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete