Friday, March 5, 2010

Trader Joe's Triple Berry Bran Muffins


I saw this muffin mix at Trader Joe's last week and have been enjoying these muffins all week! I've been having them as my mid-morning snack and they are great with a smear of almond butter:) The website states:

"Trader Joe's Triple Berry Bran Muffin Mix makes muffins that are low in fat, high in fiber and positively bursting with flavor."

Ingredients include whole wheat flour, wheat bran, rolled oats, ground flaxseed and molasses. The muffins have about 7 grams of fiber each and a good proportion of berries (cran, blue and rasp).


This weekend full of fun stuff! Tonight I plan to hit the gym for some cardio and weights, cook a homemade steak dinner with the boyfriend and possibly meet up with the girls for some dancing!
Saturday, I plan to try out a new heated yoga class at Mountain Flow . It's at 8 am, so we shall see if I can make it up that early. Otherwise, its the regular 9:45 vinyasa flow class that I love so much! I also plan to make a big breakfast and get a run in. It's supposed to be sunny and 60...so excited! Later in the afternoon I am taking my boyfriend's little sister to Queen Mary Tea Room for some 16th birthday fun (expect a full review!) I also plan to take her to Aerie for some girly things:) We may try to get tickets to Alice in Wonderland in 3D...but it could be very popular this weekend...but it would make for a great theme with the tea room!
Sunday, I plan to pick up some new heath food items to try at Whole Foods...super excited! I also want to do some baking and cook dinner. I have a yoga workshop scheduled from 4-6 at Mountain Flow followed by a champagne reception to celebrate the new studio!!!
Any fun weekend plans out there?! Do you feel like you get in better workouts on the weekends?

2 comments:

  1. Heck no! I have the HARDEST time working out on the weekends because there is just so much else I could be doing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm reading this post a bit late, as the weekend is already passed. My plans included a bachelorette party in Philly! IT was crazy fun.

    These muffins sound great! And super healthy. 7 grams of fiber?! YIkes!

    Hope you had a nice weekend Gina.

    ReplyDelete